Saturday, October 08, 2011





It's the end of the first week of the 30 day challenge and already I am seeing how it has revolutionized my prayer time and time in the Word.  My outlook towards those around me have changed dramatically.

True story:  So, I am getting towards the end of my week and I am really praying to ask God to show me who to share my faith with this week.  If anyone knew what was going on in my brain while going about my day they probably would have thought I was a bit crazy.  I would look at people and literally ask God is this the one I am supposed to share with!  I got home from a particularly crazy day of substitute teaching and God was speaking to me to pray specifically.  So I prayed a quick prayer that God would lead me to someone to help along their discipleship journey with Christ.  As I did that I found myself in a conversation with an old friend that had moved out of the area and moved back recently.  My friend told me that reconnecting with God was hard and that he was fearful because he had walked away from God.  I shared with him that God's arms are always open and that He always welcomes us back.  We started talking and in that process God gave me some things for him to do to reconnect.

As I finished that conversation I walked away with such an amazing feeling of joy!  There is nothing like asking God to use you and then having the Holy Spirit present the situation in such a simple amazing way.

Prayer:  Thanks God for using this 30 day challenge to help me to think of others before myself.  Help me to be led by your Spirit every day and lead people into relationship with you. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God is really doing a spring cleaning in my life! He has allowed me to speak into teenagers lives specifically. Strongholds have been broken! New Godly habits are forming. God has given me power AND he has humbled me at the same time.