Wednesday, October 12, 2011

 11 Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to die;save them as they stagger to their death.12 Don’t excuse yourself by saying, “Look, we didn’t know.”For God understands all hearts, and he sees you.  He who guards your soul knows you knew (Proverbs 24:11,12 NLT).  


I love to read novels by John Grisham.  Recently I read "The Confession" which is about a man who walks into the office of a pastor and confesses to a grisly murder and tells the pastor that another man is about to be wrongly executed for the crime that he committed.  The pastor has a choice.  He either gets involved and tries to stop the execution or he looks the other way and does nothing.  It is a very compelling story and there are many twists and turns but the Big Picture is what this pastor does.  He violates the murderers parole and goes on a journey that will change his life forever.


As I read Proverbs this morning that novel came to my mind.  I thought about what would have happened if the Pastor walked away from the situation and didn't act.  In verse 12 of Chapter 24 in Proverbs it says that the people say, "we didn't know".  But the Lord who guards your soul knows you knew.  


As I searched my heart this morning I thought of a young man that came to me for help.  He needed something.  I was busy getting ready for a meeting and almost said, please come back later but God prompted me to listen to his story.  As I did my heart was compeled to act.  After the service I shared with him from what we had.  I listened to God's prompting.  As you go about your day today ask God to open your eyes.  Each of us are leaving a legacy.  What is the legacy that you are leaving?


“And the King will say, ‘I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!’ (Matthew 25:40).

No comments: