Tuesday, October 04, 2011














  • Read in the Word 30 minutes a day.
  • Pray 30 minutes a day
  • Journal: Write down what God shows you in your prayer and reading time
  • Share Christ with one person each week
  • Hold another person accountable to these things on a daily basis.

My blog for the next thirty days is to chronicle this challenge.  I want to share with you the effects of this discipline and hopefully you will be encouraged to go deeper in your relationship with God.

October 3

This morning I woke up and walked across the hallway to the office and opened my laptop and turned to http://www.youversion.com  (The Bible).  I turned to the one year Bible devotional and read Isaiah 44:3 http://bible.us/Isa44.3.NLT which says, 3 For I will pour out water to quench your thirst and to irrigate your parched fields.  And I will pour out my Spirit on your descendants, and my blessing on your children.  Now when I woke up this morning I was thinking and praying because one of the comments that someone in our church made to me was that he was feeling dry spiritually.  I immediately emailed him this scripture and thought how cool it was that in less than two minutes of devotional and prayer time that God opened my eyes to see how this scripture could speak life to someone who was asking God to quench their spiritual thirst.  


Prayer: Father I pray that you would quench our thirst every time we sit down and pray and read your Word.  Thank you that it's life to those who listen and most importantly, help us to apply it to our daily lives.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's pretty dope because everything that I am doing now, you have challenged. Friday I purposed to...Wake up at 5:00am to pray and read Gods word. I also am journaling. I have also cut out Facebook and only watch 30minutes of TV per day. Now when I am bored, I listen to a sermon or pray or read God word, which should have been happening anyways. This morning went Really well. I usually run out of time. I may need to wake up earlier