Thursday, May 13, 2010

What Kind of Inheritance Are You Leaving?

Yesterday I was checking my facebook and I was noticing that there was a lot of profanity in a number of posts.  It really bothered me.  When I started thinking about it, I realized how many lives are touched in positive and negative ways on Facebook.   In Proverbs there is a great verse that says, "A good man leaves an inheritance for his children's children.  Some fathers may look at that verse and call up their investment broker and start a fund for college.  I want to challenge you to leave a legacy of eternal value.  What kind of inheritance are you leaving for your child?  Your grandchild? The words you speak, and the way you live your life is a legacy.  Everything that flows out of your mouth or typed on a Facebook page is a part of that Legacy.  What kind of legacy are you leaving today? One that is poisonous and hurtful or one that speaks life to other people.

No comments: