Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Reflecting Christ

At my house we have a stove that has a glass door.  It's awesome because you can see the fire and it warms the heart.  My favorite thing to do is to sit in my chair and do my devos while watching the fire. After each fire a film gets on the glass and impedes my ability to see the fire fully.  I have to take a moment, get the cleaner and spray the glass.  When you look at the paper towel that I used to clean it you can see the black soot that came off the window.   I am learning more and more each day that I need to be careful not to let my life get so crazy busy that it disturbs my abiding in Him.  I need to constantly be watchful and continue to be a mirror that is clean. That only happens when I abide in Him.

I was reading Oswald Chambers this morning and he states, "When the Spirit fills us, we are transformed, and by beholding God we become mirrors."  As a servant of the Most High God I want to mirror and reflect God.  We need to keep our lives open to God.  But there are times that the cares of the world like work, clothing, food and my general busyness gets in way of that position of  beholding Him.  Colossians 3:3 says, "For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God."  I don't want anything to obscure someone from seeing Christ in me.  Go God!

-P. Andy

No comments: