Tuesday, November 20, 2007


I'm reading a book called Deadly Viper "Character Assassins" by Mike Foster and Jud Wilhite. It's a survival guide for our integrity. As a leader I am scrutinized in many ways. I'm constantly reminded how I need to be above reproach. I've read through the first couple of chapters and the one quote that really stuck in my mind was this. We need to live by a "basic mode of operation: refrain from doing anything today we'd be uncomfortable reading about in the headlines tomorrow, watching on the eleven o'clock news, or being broadcast to thousands of people."

In this world we are lacking leaders that are men and women of integrity. Are you willing to stop the madness and start living what you believe? I believe it is time for each of us to rise up and be men and women of integrity, at work, at home, with our friends and even when we are alone and no one else in the world is there.

The book asks the question, "How would your life change if you knew you'd see it all played out on television tomorrow?" I already have a list that I've made of things that I'm changing in my life as a result of this question. I want to do something about it. Do you? It's never too late to change. You can start today.

No comments: